|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Heart Church is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals. This Policy covers the Church’s use of any personal data that you provide to us and that we collect or hold. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We take the privacy and security of your personal data very seriously and therefore you will only receive information from Heart Church in relation to areas that you have signed up for.
We collect different types of information for the following main reasons:
- for general church administration and communication
- to provide an interactive website
- to provide you with an efficient service and help us to improve the services that we provide.
How We Collect Personal Data About You
We collect personal data from a variety of sources, for example:
- getting involved in the life of the church through one of our services, groups or activities
- registering on the ChurchSuite database which requires a minimum of information, however, we also ask for further voluntary information in order to provide a richer, more useful address book
- visiting our website
- access social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp; YouTube, Instagram
- making a donation whether online or via the giving envelope
- registering for a church event or conference
- providing your contact details, in writing or orally, to Church staff or volunteers
- when you communicate with the Church by means of email, letter, text or telephone
- face to face meetings with staff and volunteers
- purchasing goods or services including when you provide credit or debit card details.
How We Use Personal Information
Here is a list of the ways we may use your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests:
- to keep you informed of areas such as church services, how to get involved, serving teams, life groups and courses
- to register for courses and events
- day to day administration of the church eg preparation of ministry rotas or to answer an enquiry
- to manage pastoral support including meetings, calls and visits
- to record attendance for Adventure Kids check-in
- to record and manage the specific areas/activities of the Church that you are involved in
- statistical analysis and gaining a better understanding of Church demographics.
We will also process your personal data on the basis of legal obligation:
- to process, record and acknowledge donations and gift aid
- maintaining financial records of giving for tax and audit purposes
- to adhere to charity and legislative requirements.
We will only use your personal data in regard to the following areas with your prior consent:
- to keep you informed of new developments, special events and to promote products and fundraising initiatives
- to record health information for children in Adventure Kids
- to keep you informed of our social action partners and initiatives.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email or write to us at the address below if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Special Category Data
The Church may collect and store special category data such as health information and religious information relating to pastoral support activities or attend courses. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential and is never sold, given away or shared with anyone unless required by law.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Keeping Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party eg ChurchSuite, MailChimp, Planning Centre, JotForm. The Heart Church database is accessed through the cloud and therefore, can be accessed through any computer or smart device with internet access. The server for the database is in the UK and hosted by Churchsuite. Access to the database is strictly controlled through the use of name specific passwords, which are selected by the individual. Those authorised to use the database only have access to their specific area of use within it. This is controlled by the Data Controller and other specified Administrators and these are the only people who can access and set these security parameters. People who will have secure and authorised access to the database include Heart Church staff, data in-putters, Ministry Team Leaders and Life Group Leaders. Personal information will not be passed onto any third parties outside of the church environment. We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent, with the following exception:
- by providing us with your details you are giving the Church your express permission to transfer your data to service providers including mailing houses, such as MailChimp, to enable fulfilment of the purpose for collection.
Retention Of Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Where information is no longer required we will ensure that it is disposed of securely.
Your Rights - Changing Or Deleting Your Information
Access To Information
Please address all correspondence to: Heart Church 104-114 Talbot Street Nottingham NG1 5GL or emailing: [email protected]
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. This does not store, save or collect personal data. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.